Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I finally have a DREAM

Whoa...
It's been seriously a long time since I have the "semangat" to write up a post.

Well, I'm listening to one of the 8 CDs I bought from Logos Hope; Kathryn Scott: I BELONG. I like her album. She has a really extraordinary voice. Pop and country type of voice blended together. The music's pretty too =)
All right, to the point I'm writing tonight. I finally have a Dream. A real dream. Something that will genuinely boost my spirits each time I think about it and something that motivates me to do my best in my studies. I want to serve on the Logos Hope.


Yeah, indeed, hope starts with you.
Logos Hope has berthed at the Star Cruise terminal in Port Klang and I've already been there twice in 4 days. Lovely isn't it? Haha! I just love the place, the ship! I made a new friend, well 2 exactly through my bubbly and blur friend Eugenie. One in particular has caught my interest as in she really has a unique personality and her passion for God is so deep that it even made me wanna be so passionate for God myself. Her name's Alyssa. And I'm super thankful that God has brought her into my life. I don't know when I've been crazy about Logos Hope. I guess it was because they came to my church last year and ministered to us. And I've been researching about it ever since together with OM Ministries. My heart for mission just grew and the passion there expanded.
        I really, really, really, really... x10 desire to serve on board that ship! 3 main reasons why I wanna be on that ship:
  1. Staying on board that ship is a stepping stone to adapt myself to the mission environment. Eg: Limited source of water, living with 45 other nationalities.
  2. Meeting new people where ever it berths. I love to explore the world and not just be stuck in Malaysia. It's time for me to go beyond the horizon.
  3. I will be able to be part of something BIG: God's ministry. Logos Hope can seriously impact lives all over the world, where ever it berths. I want to be part and I want to contribute to that work of God has started with this ship.
There. This is my dream. I am completely honest and sincere for something that I really, really, desire for once in this entire life of mine. The thing is, I feel like my life at this point is starting to be like the ones in the movies where the parents object or there are many obstacles blocking the way. Well, I'm starting to pray about it now. And I'm praying that God will provide the finances and myself, physically, mentally and most importantly spiritually. Solely focusing on Jesus cause it's always about Him. 


Berthed beside the Star Cruise Virgo on Saturday (1/10)

Bro posing on the poser board.
As an engineer working in the engine room, I presume.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna,

    Of course I remember you :)! You are so sweet. Your kind words mean a lot. That is awesome to hear about your desire to do missions and one day serve onboard the Logos Hope! I'd like to go back and serve long-term myself someday. I'd personally love to be the multi-media producer/videographer.

    I hope and pray that you'll be able to fulfill your dream in accordance with God's will for you.

    Your sister in Christ,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Ranger's Apprentice